https://www.gascon.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/VisuelsBlogue-Litige1.jpg 628 1200 C4 Communications https://www.gascon.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Logo_Gascon_EN-1.png C4 Communications2022-12-02 11:06:232023-02-07 16:41:27Mandats représentatifs – Insurance Department
The mandates entrusted to the insurance litigation team are very diverse, relying on the distinct expertise provided by each member.
This year, the insurance department has, notably:
- Acted as coverage counsel for national and international insurance carriers;
- Acted as defense counsel on behalf on insurers and/or their insureds in the context of a wide variety of policy types, including professional indemnity, general liability (commercial and otherwise), cyber, errors and omissions and directors and officers;
- Counseled national and international insurers on their insurance products, including drafting specific clauses, revamping entire insurance policies and providing analysis on the applicability of clauses, exclusions or endorsements in the jurisdiction of Quebec;
- Provided continuing education to insurance carriers on market trends as well as strategic planning recommendations with respect to same;
- Acted as counsel in coverage litigation known as the Pyrhite file;
- Acted for players in the construction industry in disputes involving different levels of government agencies;
- Acted for contractors in matters involving various players in the industry;
- Acted for various professionals in disputes;
- Mandated by insurers to represent cities and municipalities in matters opposing them to residents ;
- Acted as counsel in large recovery loss due to fire.