https://www.gascon.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/VisuelsBlogue-Litige3.jpg 628 1200 C4 Communications https://www.gascon.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Logo_Gascon_EN-1.png C4 Communications2023-09-25 11:01:362023-10-17 11:17:58An Overview of our Litigation and Insurance Team’s Accomplishments in 2023
The mandates entrusted to the Insurance Litigation Department are diverse and accomplished efficiently by our skilled professionals.
This year, the Insurance Litigation Department has, notably:
- Acted as coverage counsel in several high-profile pan-Canadian Class Actions, providing analysis notably on the applicability of clauses, exclusions, or endorsements in the jurisdiction of Quebec.
- Counselled national and international Insurers on their insurance products prior to market launch, redrafting Policies to respect modifications to the legislative framework and to reflect emerging risk factors in the market.
- Acted as lead ongoing forensic investigations into various types of fraudulent acts, including financial crime, arson, and cyber security concerns.
- Acted as defence counsel on behalf on Insurers and/or their Insureds in the context of a wide variety of policy types, including Professional Indemnity, Commercial General Liability, Cyber & Data, Errors & Omissions and Directors & Officers.
- Acted as counsel for both Plaintiffs and Defendants in several major loss fire investigations and subsequent litigation.
- Acted for players in the construction industry in disputes before the Courts and involving different levels of government agencies.
- Provided continuing education to Insurance carriers and strategic planning with respect to market positioning considering legislative changes and emerging risk factors.